Which parts of the building must use Safety Building Glass
Safe building glass use parts
1. Open windows outside buildings with seven floors and above
For insulating glass, use safety insulating glass; for double-layer glass, in principle, both sides are tempered glass; sliding windows (glass area less than 1.5 square meters) do not require safety glass
2. Window glass with an area of more than 1.5 square meters or floor-to-ceiling windows with the bottom edge of the glass less than 500mm from the final decoration surface; regardless of the number of layers and height, safety glass should be used for the glass that meets this rule. Regardless of the size of the frameless glass door, tempered glass with a thickness of not less than 10mm should be used.
3. Curtain wall (except full glass curtain wall) Full glass curtain wall refers to a glass curtain wall composed of glass ribs and glass panels. Commonly used metal frame glass curtain walls (including point glass curtain walls) must use safety glass.
4. Inclined assembly windows, various ceilings (including skylights, daylighting ceilings), suspended ceilings, when the highest point of the roof glass is greater than 5M from the ground, tempered laminated glass must be used, and the thickness of the laminated film should not be less than 0.76mm
5. Sightseeing elevator and its outer protection
6. Indoor partitions, bathroom enclosures and screens are lower than the required window sills (public buildings are less than 0.8M, residential buildings are less than 0.9M). If the height of the railing is installed at the lower part of the window, fixed windows with window frames around are used as protective measures. And the glass is laminated glass, and the thickness is not less than 6+6mm, so there is no need to make railings. If the height of 0.9M or less is an openable window, a railing must be made. The sliding door of residential balcony with glass area less than 1.5 square meters does not need safety glass.
7. The railings of stairs, balconies, platform corridors and the inner railings of the atrium;
For glass railings that do not bear horizontal loads, it is recommended to use tempered laminated glass. For example, the glass can be fixed around and used for enclosure only. The thickness of the glass railings is recommended to be 6+6mm. For glass railings that bear horizontal loads, when the glass is located at a building height of 5M and above At the time, use tempered laminated glass with a thickness of not less than 12mm (the specific thickness should be determined according to the calculation of thrust, span, etc.)
8. Floor panels used to withstand pedestrians walking
9. Observation windows and observation holes for aquariums and swimming pools; tempered laminated glass is used for underwater glass.
10. For the entrances and exits, entrance halls and other parts of public buildings, if the entrance hall on the ground floor of the residential unit is surrounded by glass partitions, safety glass must be used for the glass.
11. Other parts that are susceptible to impacts and impacts that cause human injury. Glass canopy, glass louvers, etc. must use tempered laminated glass. The recommended thickness of ordinary glass canopy is 12 (upper) + 8 (lower) mm, and the recommended thickness of glass louver is 6 + 6mm.
safety glass | high safe building glass | safety building glass | safety tempered glass | laminated safety glass | tempered safety glass